As a consumer, you should feel good about your diamond purchase. Ask your friends and family for recommendations to find a jeweler you can trust. Make sure that the jeweler is willing to spend time providing the information you need. A reputable jeweler should:
- Only use suppliers who can provide a guarantee that their diamonds are from sources free of conflict
- Have a conflict diamond policy
- Be able to answer a customer's questions about the topic
For further reassurance from a jeweler, a customer can ask the following suggested questions:
- How can I be sure that none of your jewelry contains conflict diamonds?
- What is your company's policy on conflict diamonds?
To learn more about what the diamond industry is doing to ensure your diamond purchase is conflict-free, click here.
Read the Conflict Diamonds Brochure to learn more about buying diamonds from sources free of conflict, and about the important role diamonds play in many developing economies.